intermittent ramblings and observations from my daily life and the random bits I find to be of interest

Monday, December 12, 2005

Party in the dark

Well, after an unexpected storm tore down trees in the local area, our Holiday Cheer party turned into a "Who turned out the lights party". Several candles and some last minute change of plans made for a pretty good time after all. We ended up staying at my moms on Friday night as the power was still off. Saturday morning I slept through my appointment to have my stitches removed and barely made it to skating practice with the boys by 10:15. Kimberly had brought them to St. Gabriels at 9:00 for the Christmas Pageant rehearsal. Caleb got the part of Joseph, and Hayden will be playing Santa Claus. I can't wait to see how that goes! Saturday night, Kimberly and I went to see a Christmas Carol at The Zeiterion Theater in New Bedford with some friends. A bit long but very well done. We followed that up with a couple cocktails at the Kinsale in Mattapoisett.
Sunday we were off to another party in Marion which was great. We then walked over to the Christmas Stroll which is another annual highlight of the season. Santa and his elves for the kids, and free cocktails for the older kids! What a town! We then went back to our house with family for dinner. All in all a great weekend. And this morning I did end up getting my stitches out. Good thing too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home